Maturing Aviva Endowment for mortgage already paid off jojo01

My Aviva endowment policy matures next month.

When I originally took the policy out it was with General Accident and was to pay off a mortgage on a flat. I sold the flat 16 years ago and moved into my current property and happily I was able to pay off the mortgage a couple of months ago.

So as I sold the original property back in 2001, will Aviva still want a letter of no further interest from my original lender or from my most recent lender?

Thanks for any light you can shed on this. I'll call Aviva tomorrow of course but legal & financial paperwork stress me right out so would be glad of any advice before then!

So as I sold the original property back in 2001, will Aviva still want a letter of no further interest from my original lender or from my most recent lender?

Only if the policy is assigned to a lender will they need confirmation from the lender that they no longer have any financial interest in the policy.

Thanks Dunstonh. On the original policy document I can't see any reference to it being assigned to a lender but I'll given them a call in the morning to double check.

How did it perform, in terms of what they were forecasting to pay out, and what it actually paid out, did they add any extra bonuses on at the end, mines due at the end of may,

Al