Natwest giving us the run a round DavidKP

Hi

We have applied for a mortgage with Natwest thru a broker. We have had Agreement in Principle sorted and also had money taken for a valuation. still waiting for the valuation to take place coming up to 2 weeks now. Is there any other checks that they will do and what is the turn around. We was told by the broker that all credit checks were done before the Agreement in principle was done. We are borrowing 99k and putting down 11k deposit.

Extremely nervous as time goes on!!

All he has said that he is waiting on natwest to back to him with the valuation and then take it from there. They did request a copy of my wife contract which was sent them.

turn around time varies, but if they requested additional info, it may take addition -14 days from when you submit for a response from the underwriters.

you need to get your broker to chase what's going on, that's what your paying or employing them to do.

Did you get your broker from an estate agent?

you need to get your broker to chase what's going on, that's what your paying or employing them to do.

Did you get your broker from an estate agent?
Originally posted by csgohan4

I spoke to the broker he said all the information is passed to the office and he will find out what is happening and get back to me.

Nope didnt get it from the estate agent a family friend of ours have used the same one before in the past so just using him.

Credit checks are done when the AIP is done, so there is no issue there.

If it has been 2 weeks since the application was submitted then your paperwork will have been assessed, so again, no issue there.

It is just the valuation and natwest farm that out to (I think) countrywide. It is not really natwest giving you the run around, but I understand the frustration. Assuming that comes back ok, it sounds very much like your mortgage will be issued.

Your broker could do with calling his/her natwest account manager to get them to chase it.