Mortgage renewal while abroad. marcus-darkus

I'm currently travelling abroad and will be for a few months more. My fixed rate mortgage is up in a few weeks and I'd like to renew it online, like I have done before.

Even though I informed my council I still want to stay on the electoral roll, they took me off a few months ago in error.

If I apply for a mortgage renewal will I need to be on the electoral roll, it's with the same lender and I have been with them for 10-years?

I fit all the criteria below.

Many thanks

Getting started:

To sign in securely we will ask for the following:

Date of birth
Monthly mortgage payment
Mortgaged property postcode
Mortgage account number - this is shown on your mortgage statement or in Online Banking

You may be able to select a new deal online if you have either:

A Santander mortgage or
An Alliance & Leicester mortgage with no more than one loan part
Any of the loans on your mortgage account must be:

Within 4 months of the existing deal coming to an end, or
On a mortgage product without an Early Repayment Charge, or
On our Standard Variable Rate (SVR)
Also, you must not:

Have less than 5 years and 6 months remaining on any of the loans on your mortgage
Have an outstanding balance of less than £6,500 on any of the loans on your mortgage
Want to make any other change to your mortgage at the same time such as a capital repayment, a change to the mortgage term or borrow more money
Have a Flexible Offset mortgage
Be in the process of moving home, or considering moving home within the next six months
Want to receive any advice about your mortgage

The electoral roll is mostly for credit scores. Have you looked up your score?

Otherwise, no it shouldn't affect a mortgage especially as you are staying with the same provider. The checks are much less stringent then.

You could call Santander to make sure, but I don't think you'll have any issues.