Default 4 years ago. Chance of mortgage ? Will922016

Hi there,

Me and my partner are looking for a first time mortgage and earn a combined £48k a year. Looking to borrow circa £200k and have £30k deposit. My partner is squeaky clean however I have a default from 2013 from a t mobile bill £65 (which was repaid a few months after the default date) I was querying this payment and stupidly refused to pay it as I was told by another customer service member I had Nil o/s!

So here we are in 2017 and I'm concerned something so stupid will mean we are rejected for a mortgage. Do we have a good chance with some lenders? If so which ones do you recommend...? Only debt between us currently is around £2k on a credit card which I'm paying off and will be gone in 6 months or so.

Any advice I will appreciate!

Thanks

Calls are recorded at T-mobile so you should be able to get them to find the call from when the customer service staff told you that you had zero outstanding. Then you will be able to get them to update your credit file.

This happened to me with british gas, they told me to wait to pay a bill as they needed some further information. I did so and it was marked late just before my mortgage application. Within a week it was corrected but it took a bit of fighting.

you probably want to clear your credit card asap ad before you apply.

Get a mortgage advisor. A good one is worth their weight in gold and their fee.