Solicitors jessnat995

Hoping someone could shed any advice. 1st time buyer.

So our house is currently been built. They have the walls and electrical in. So completion about 4 weeks away.

My question is should I be checking on the solicitor regularly to push them. As ever time I ask a question it's like it's hard work for a reply. And at £1900 I don't expect to be ignored or feel lm doing there job.

Thanks. I asked today about a completion date and i told it's miles away. But surely he is the one to at least know ? Or not?

Am I right in thinking I can go direct to the builder and ask them ? After all I'm buying the house.

Yeah with help to buy scheme also. Ridiculous prices I know. Hence why I will start to get a bit defensive if they start to give me attitude.
Originally posted by jessnat995

But stamp duty and disbursements aren't the solicitor's prices, it's money which they're just passing on to other parties. If you want to assess the level of service you think you're entitled to, it's their fee you need to look at.

What is your target exchange of contracts date to guarantee the price and for the builder to fit the property out to your chosen spec?