First time buyer srsrvn11

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advise. I am looking at buying my first property. I've seen a flat at offers over £109,995 with a home report value of £115,000. I have savings of £25,000 but looking to put £15,000 towards a deposit and the remainder towards additional fees etc. Before I make an offer I would like to at least have a mortgage in principle organised. I've had a look online at various mortgage offers and been given various quotes although I've not applied for any mortgage in principles yet. Would you advise a mortgage broker? I've read conf!citing reports and was interested in using London and Country brokers but again reviews have been mixed. Any advise would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance, Sarah

Well done on saving a good deposit !

Can you afford a £90,000 mortgage ?

IE do you earn say £25,000 plus a year ?

Have you got a full time job and permanent contract ( NOT ZERO HOURS )

How is your credit score

Any other debts Credit cards,loans etc ?

Hi,

I currently earn 22,800 [due payrise in April] and have no previous debt apart from a student loan that is deducted from my wage monthly. I have worked for my current employer for 10 years and have job security. My monthly expenditure is £300 a month so after doing some comparison checks I'm pretty sure I can afford the monthly repayments. I'm just not sure about how to go around obtaining a mortgage. I have decided that I want a repayment mortgage, fixed rate for 3-5 years.