Early Redemption Payment MumsyB

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone could help myself and my husband. We had a mortgage with Santander which we had renewed but a year in we had to move due to losing my dad and my mum having her leg amputated and moving in with us so we needed a bigger house to accommodate us all. we put an offer in on a house in July and moved out of our house middle of August, moved into Mum's till that sold on 7th october which is when we were supposed to move into the new house. But two weeks before that the people we were buying off pulled out of their house they were buying and found another the next day. We then got royally mucked around and had to move into temporary accommodation several times and never being told another date. Eventually we exhanged on 16th Decemer with a moving date of 13th january this year which happened.

We were then told by Santander that the early redemption fee wouldn't be returned being we went over the three months (which we didn't know anyting about) so we challenged them and said it was out of our control and it was not our fault but the other parties mucking us around. they then said they would investigate and get back to us. they have now got back to us and say they are standing by their actions and will not be returning the £6,000.00. Is there anything we can do to challenge this again? We have been nothing but honest with them and kept them informed all the way as did our solicitor. This is a lot of money and feel really cheated through no fault of our own.

Any advie would be welcomed.

Mia

Is there anything we can do to challenge this again?

You can raise a complaint but its not as if they have done anything wrong. So, you would be reliant on a goodwill gesture on their part and that is a lot of goodwill needed for £6k.

We have been nothing but honest with them and kept them informed all the way as did our solicitor.

When solicitors are involved, they normally make you aware of key terms and issues. Did yours?

This is a lot of money and feel really cheated through no fault of our own.

You have not been cheated out of it. You agreed to it when you bought the mortgage. A set of unexpected circumstances occurred but that is not the fault on Santander. Why should other Santander customers and shareholders suffer a loss because of you? I dont mean that rudely but that is what you are asking them to do. i.e. give you the money and take it from someone else.