Confirming employment Simba-ali34

Hello,

So I have a mortgage in principle and have just applied for the full mortgage. I am wondering how the lender confirms employment apart from bank statements and payslips. This is because I heard it can take 4 weeks to complete but my boss is away for the forth week so won't be contactable giving me only 3 weeks and i don't want this to effect my chances.

They may not necessarily look to confirm your employment with them, unless you have been there for a short period, or are within a probationary period, or you are on maternity leave, or upon viewing your payslips they have reason for further investigation. Did they say they require a letter from your employer?

It just says they will "Ask for references from employers, lenders, where applicable". I have sent a p60, 3 payslips and bank statements to my financial advisor.

Do they normally do employment searches early on in the process?

When I applied for my mortgages they just checked bank statements and asked for 2 pay slips. I think it unlikely they are going to directly contact your employer. In your case, they said 'where applicable'. They may not need to if you have gave them what you said you had.

I hope so because it's a small company and I work with the owner who is really the only one who can sign anything confirming employment and he will be away the 4th week of the process, so hopefully if they need anything it will be sooner rather than later!