Severance pay out - short term saving dazza1985_49

Hi all,

I will soon get a severance pay out from my current employer and I plan to save around £20k of it. The money will only be saved for a short term period, around 6 months, before I use it to lay down a deposit on a house. Any advice on what type of account would be most beneficial with regards to gaining interest? Or does it not really make a difference as the money won't be there that long? I already have accounts with both First Direct and Nationwide (FlexPlus).

Appreciate any help/advice that can be offered! Thanks

Hi all,

I will soon get a severance pay out from my current employer and I plan to save around £20k of it. The money will only be saved for a short term period, around 6 months, before I use it to lay down a deposit on a house. Any advice on what type of account would be most beneficial with regards to gaining interest? Or does it not really make a difference as the money won't be there that long? I already have accounts with both First Direct and Nationwide (FlexPlus).

Appreciate any help/advice that can be offered! Thanks
Originally posted by dazza1985_49

Hth

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/savings/savings-accounts-best-interest?_ga=1.23140152.307348577.1487713187#curre ntaccount