I opened mine 4/12/15 with a £500 payment. I set up a standing order for the first of the month for the remaining payments the last of which, and 13th, will be paid in 1/12/16. As long as you don't exceed £500 pcm it's up to you, I choose to eek out every penny because I can
Originally posted by ColdIron

So your final payment will be in the account for just 4 days before maturity? That is eeking out every penny!
Originally posted by Zanderman

Why not? Where is the cut-off point? 4 days not worth it but 5 days is?

As it's a SO going to the account it will require zero effort.

I'd personally take the time to do a manual transfer as it would take me all of 20 seconds to do so in the Nationwide app even 1 day before maturity

Why not? Where is the cut-off point? 4 days not worth it but 5 days is?

As it's a SO going to the account it will require zero effort.

I'd personally take the time to do a manual transfer as it would take me all of 20 seconds to do so in the Nationwide app even 1 day before maturity
Originally posted by TheShape

I wasn't criticising!

Does anyone know what the Flexclusive Regular Saver will revert to when it ends (2nd Dec for me), I don't think I've had a letter?? but I will have a double check.

Does anyone know what the Flexclusive Regular Saver will revert to when it ends (2nd Dec for me), I don't think I've had a letter?? but I will have a double check.
Originally posted by littlemissbossy

From the t&cs

6. The term of the account is fixed for 12 months from the date of opening. After that fixed period, your funds will be transferred into a Flexclusive Saver account, or if not available the nearest equivalent instant access savings account. The terms and conditions and the interest rate applicable to that account, at that time, will apply.

So your final payment will be in the account for just 4 days before maturity? That is eeking out every penny!
Originally posted by Zanderman

It's not just the last 4 days though is it. Each payment has been 4 days early so up by 48 days.

It's not just the last 4 days though is it. Each payment has been 4 days early so up by 48 days.
Originally posted by ceredigion

Er, yes, but the 13th payment is only getting interest for 4 days. The earlier payments may have gained (and the strategy to pay in on the 1st of the month is obviously worth doing) but that strategy and gain is not linked to or dependent on the limited gain from the 13th, which is optional and gains v little.

It'll only be worth about £2 to me (£500 for 28 days @ 5% pa) but in the current climate it'll be nice to have somewhere to stick another £500, even if only for a month.

The account launched in December 2015, so there won't be any experience of whether this works or not for another month or so.
Originally posted by Kim_13

Thank you, I was wondering why it hadn't come up in a forum search!