The account launched in December 2015, so there won't be any experience of whether this works or not for another month or so.

I too haven't noticed anything that prohibits it.

You can put what you like in, the terms are for 12 months from opening, then it reverts to a normal flexclusive or equivalent and the rate reduces accordingly.
Originally posted by talexuser

I think the terms limit you to a max £500 per calendar month, so you can't put what you like in, only up to £500. The OP is, I assume, wondering whether, if the 12 months start mid month, whether the 2nd October counts as a new month within the '12', which would make 13.

The 13th payment would only attract a max of £2 interest though - unless I've done my sums wrong. Max 500 pay-in in month '13', with max 1 month-worth of time (in practice rather less if mid month) means £500 x 5% X 1/12th (or less) = £2 max extra.

I opened mine 4/12/15 with a £500 payment. I set up a standing order for the first of the month for the remaining payments the last of which, and 13th, will be paid in 1/12/16. As long as you don't exceed £500 pcm it's up to you, I choose to eek out every penny because I can

I opened mine 4/12/15 with a £500 payment. I set up a standing order for the first of the month for the remaining payments the last of which, and 13th, will be paid in 1/12/16. As long as you don't exceed £500 pcm it's up to you, I choose to eek out every penny because I can
Originally posted by ColdIron

So your final payment will be in the account for just 4 days before maturity? That is eeking out every penny!

That is eeking out every penny!
Originally posted by Zanderman

MSE innit, it's got to be somewhere

The main advantage is in choosing to deposit the monthly payments for the preceding 11 on the first of the calendar month rather than the anniversary of account opening