Not resident for Tax purposes - Savings Account SunbeamFanatic

Hi All,

i am registered with HMRC as non-resident for Tax purposes, unfortunately many of the UK Banks savings accounts (and current accounts) won't allow me to open accounts due to this. Opening an off-shore account seems a bit of a faff and I'd prefer an account with a bank that has the GBP75k protection scheme.

Does any one have any suggestions of Banks/Accounts that may suit my circumstances?

Many thanks.

Have you tried National Savings & Investments?

Directly backed by government /treasury so no need to worry about FSCS limits, and rates are reasonable on e.g. their monthly income bonds. You may need some sort of UK account to receive the interest though. NSANDI.com

Have you tried National Savings & Investments?

Directly backed by government /treasury so no need to worry about FSCS limits, and rates are reasonable on e.g. their monthly income bonds. You may need some sort of UK account to receive the interest though. NSANDI.com
Originally posted by bowlhead99

I am pondering a slightly different situation. My daughter is not resident in uk. She used to be resident and was a UK taxpayer but now she has moved to Canada, holds dual nationality (British and Canadian). She pays tax in Canada. My question is can she invest in NSANDI products? What sort of ID will she have to provide? Most institutions want this or that, drivers UK license, UK utility bills, so on and so forth. Thanks for any light on this subject.

Thank you, this looks like it will work fr savings.

Any suggestions for a Current Account that will be easy to open for an ExPat not registered with HMRC for Tax purposes?

Any suggestions for a Current Account that will be easy to open for an ExPat not registered with HMRC for Tax purposes?
Originally posted by SunbeamFanatic

None, I am afraid. The T&Cs usually stipulate you need to be a resident of the UK.