Atom Bank have launched a couple of extra fixed rate savers recently.

3 year fixed @ 1.7%

5 year fixed @ 2.05%

According to MSE, they're the highest payers for 1, 2, 3 and 5 year fixes.

Just took out a 2% One Year Fixed with these.

Great experience. No problems, but my bank would not allow me to transfer the full amount in one go. But Atom CS explained I had one week to fund the account with any amount I wish, so will be transferring to them daily until I put in the amount I wanted.

Thumps up to them.

Just took out a 2% One Year Fixed with these.

Great experience. No problems, but my bank would not allow me to transfer the full amount in one go. But Atom CS explained I had one week to fund the account with any amount I wish, so will be transferring to them daily until I put in the amount I wanted.

Thumps up to them.
Originally posted by Roland Flagg

The one week term is one key reason i went with Atom. When I took out a 2 year version towards the end of last year there was another organisation that had a similar product, 0.1% higher but you had to transfer all in, in one go.

Thats too risky for me, I like to do a trial transfer of a few hundred quid keeping the details stored in my outgoing account, so that as long as it ends up there i can then transfer the rest reusing those details in one or several goes safe in the knowledge the details are correct. (its unlikely but possible to transpose numbers and send your money elsewhere. It happens.)

Add to that, IIRC the org I was transferring from, Nationwide had a £10k limit per transfer and I was sending more than that.

The Atom one week period is very user friendly for these two reasons.

1 year fix 2.0%

2 year fix 2.1%

3 year fix 2.2%

5 year fix 2.4%

Just spoke to Atom CS concerning lack of any downloadable evidence of transactions on accounts. First rep I spoke to [ nice lad] said I could screenshot and save. I came off the phone and thought about it. But given every app and it's dad wants access to my gallery, and me being "old school" very old school, my primary school had gas lighting I kid you not, so I discounted that option.

Contacted them again [different guy ] I expressed my "old school" concerns, saying I would make a sizeable investments if they were willing to provide me with evidence of said investments and Phil told me the following...

"Once you have finished funding any account you open, you can call customer services and request a statement of account be uploaded to your in App "Vault" From there you can download said statement to email , file or printer"

Job Sorted................I'm in

me being "old school" very old school
Originally posted by tony2go

You can't be that old school if you're prepared to commit your savings to a small tech-based bank that's been trading for less than a year and has no high street presence, etc!

Roland Flagg could you please say which bank limits daily transfers please?

last Thursday opened a Charter bank 2 year fixed rate bond 1.75% and they allow 14 days from account opening to deposit in as many transactions as you like up to the account limit.

I have a bond maturing in a couple of weeks and just hoping Atom 2.1% for two years is still available.

tony2go could you not screenshot,print,then delete screenshot?

Atom and Charter are both covered up to £85K and I will only be taking no withdrawal allowed fixed term bonds so I do not see a risk higher than the high street.

esbanker

I don't see it as a risk.......no PPI or Libor Scandles, bad morgages, expensive high street leases.

I see it as clean start banking business that has on board pro investors, and banking industry pros on the payroll.......couple that with the FSCS 85k guarantee whats not to like.

Regards security......Fixed Term Bonds even I cannot access once the investments in place....

Santander was the best game in town, wife and I have three accounts between us. But given the 1.5% drop in interest, couple that with the £5 account management fees. Doing some fixes via Atom's offerings gives us over double the return we are currently getting with Santander..........off up to the branch to close a couple.

Metrobus, given the choice of a screen shot and an actual documented statement of fact, I'll take the latter anyday of the week

Thanks for your comments guys