My opinion:

I currently recommend against using this platform, I'll expand later. I abandoned plans to invest many tens of thousands of Pounds via the platform as a result of my pre-investment due diligence work.
Originally posted by jamesd

To be honest it holds by far my largest holding in any p2p platform and there is a lot of us on p2p independent that agree it is one of the better platforms so I would love for you to expand on what you have said

Cheers

To be honest it holds by far my largest holding in any p2p platform and there is a lot of us on p2p independent that agree it is one of the better platforms so I would love for you to expand on what you have said
Originally posted by Startup1985

You can read about some of the issues here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70787838

I have about 20% of my P2P holdings in SS at the moment and while I have been a bit more picky with loans post Brexit, I'm still happy with my current level of exposure to SS. I rarely hold loans to term.

You can read about some of the issues here: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=70787838

I have about 20% of my P2P holdings in SS at the moment and while I have been a bit more picky with loans post Brexit, I'm still happy with my current level of exposure to SS. I rarely hold loans to term.
Originally posted by masonic

That's the thing about SS, as long as you don't hold till term the risks are lowered a lot, the SM is getting a bit more liquid since July interest payment so the newbies buy more of the nearer term crap that we cast off. I will defiantly not be reducing my holdings and still plan to put more in

I'm mainly using moneything at the moment but the current live loans don't appeal to me so had considered SS. Will be interested to hear jamesD's reasons in full.

What's the motivation for starting a brand new thread about a savings/investment platform that the OP has no intention of using and doesn't recommend. There are plenty of other P2P posts, so what's the point of this?

SavingStream is no different to any other platform and has a standard bell curve of loans. A small handful are excellent, a small handful go bad (although they are secured by a first charge) and the majority fit somewhere in between. SS requires a bit of due diligence before investing and carries some risk but that is the reason they are paying 12%.

I am continuing to invest in this platform. I agree that the best strategy to invest higher in new long term loans as they come up and then sell them when they get less to 60-90 days (unless the security looks particularly good)

What's the motivation for starting a brand new thread about a savings/investment platform that the OP has no intention of using and doesn't recommend. There are plenty of other P2P posts, so what's the point of this?
Originally posted by Broken Biscuits

To make it easier to find the discussions related to a few platforms without having an unduly large number of topics discussing things.