I close mine down then open up a new one in 12 months time.

Or you can message them and ask for it to be downgraded then upgraded again in 12 months time.

You dont need to have a FlexDirect account to apply for the Flexclusive regular saver.

I've just switched to a Flex Plus, for the Breakdown cover and mobile phone insurance. Will open another FlexDirect next year it the 5% is still available

You dont need to have a FlexDirect account to apply for the Flexclusive regular saver.
Originally posted by KTF

To be clear, you do need to be a 'Nationwide main current account customer' to access the RS which means you do need to hold one of their qualifying accounts

http://www.nationwide.co.uk/products/savings/flexclusive-regular-saver/features-and-benefits

I just leave mine for a year and down/up grade it when I am eligible again, though there are reports of them being able to do this by re-instating the interest alone

Thanks for the replies.

So as long as I don't hold a Flex Direct current account for at least 12 months (but can downgrade to one of their other offerings), then I can re-apply?

Is it worth 'switching' to another bank's current account for £100+ or is it worth hanging in there for their Flexclusive RS?

Is it worth 'switching' to another bank's current account for £100+ or is it worth hanging in there for their Flexclusive RS?
Originally posted by No_Name

Only you can answer if it's worth it but it doesn't need to be an either/or question.