Valiant attempt on getting everything into one place. And apologies for clogging up your RS thread - you are quite right, I should have refrained from debating the virtues of cash ISAs vs best interest rates in that thread.

A couple of points that haven't yet been raised about your summary:

you refer to "posts above", "post number x" that aren't in this thread
for FTBs, the Halifax HTB ISA should figure on the 'best rates' menu

Good post but you've missed out the Halifax reward account. Add that in with tsb and you get 12.5% gross on £1000.
Originally posted by jimjames

Thanks, I have added that in now. The gross amount is £75 per year and the £750 paid in does not have to stay there for more than a few seconds, so I have just counted it as a free £75 per year. Do you know if it is still possible for people to sign up for 2 of these accounts? If so then that is £150 for free.

Valiant attempt on getting everything into one place. And apologies for clogging up your RS thread - you are quite right, I should have refrained from debating the virtues of cash ISAs vs best interest rates in that thread.

A couple of points that haven't yet been raised about your summary:

you refer to "posts above", "post number x" that aren't in this thread
for FTBs, the Halifax HTB ISA should figure on the 'best rates' menu

Originally posted by colsten

I had mentioned that I was cross-referencing to posts in my Regular Savings thread but to keep things simple I have now removed all the references. I have now mentioned the Halifax HTB ISA.

Can hold 3 BoS Vantage.
Originally posted by YorkshireBoy

Thanks, I have added that in now.

I can see it in the 4% list but there is also the 6% version for Advance and Premier customers.

Regards

Sunil
Originally posted by gt94sss2

Sorry, I had forgotten that Advance accounts are now free, have used the 6% version now.

Wow! Looking back at post 1, you can stash quite a lot of cash in these accounts!

You should be using gross interest rates rather than AER when calculating possible returns. Also mention that some accounts pay different interest %ages, depending on balance.

Example:

Santander 123 is 3% AER/2.96% gross if balance is between £3K and £20K. 2.00% AER/1.98% gross if balance is between £2K and £3K, 1% on £1K to £2K, and nowt below £1K. The max interest you can earn before tax is £592, not £600.

Similar applies to other current accounts.

All this is probably way too much detail for your summary but you should think of some way to tell people that there is a difference between AER and gross interest, and that your numbers are best case.