We had this decision last year as we saw the cash ISA rates drop to the current pitiful levels so we transferred all our cash ISAs to S&S ISAs instead. BUT this assumes you are happy with an element of risk, and / or are prepared to leave the money in for the long term, (currently averaging about 6% return). We have also maxed our on PBs and have "won" the grand total of £0.00 so far this year, (we got the "average" 1.5% during last year), ..so if you are hoping for a quick million don't hold your breath....

I am talking about pulling the money out i.e withdrawing in which case the flexibility does not come into it.

Flexible ISAs allow you to put the money back in if you want provided it is the same tax year.

Is is sometimes used to get higher interest during the tax year, put it back in the ISA just before the end of the tax year and then get it out again the following year etc.

Seems a clart to me but all my ISAs are S&S so it wouldnt be appropriate.

Yes I also have a S&S passive isa. Is the 6% return one you mention a passive world index tracker by any chance?

We had this decision last year as we saw the cash ISA rates drop to the current pitiful levels so we transferred all our cash ISAs to S&S ISAs instead. BUT this assumes you are happy with an element of risk, and / or are prepared to leave the money in for the long term, (currently averaging about 6% return). We have also maxed our on PBs and have "won" the grand total of £0.00 so far this year, (we got the "average" 1.5% during last year), ..so if you are hoping for a quick million don't hold your breath....
Originally posted by Stubod