HL worth staying? flopsy1973

Hi

My mum passed away last year and she had a around 150k invested in funds. I am getting the probate sorted now, I want to keep the funds so do i stick with HL or move to another broker? from what iv read they will charge me £25 for every fund transfer ???. So even after a death they still want to make money out of you !

I do have a HL account and are aware of the high vantage charges and was considering moving my own funds

Any thoughts

So even after a death they still want to make money out of you !

And who is going to pay for the work if the estate doesnt?

You can get providers/platforms that are "all in" with a single charge but if you choose a provider/platform with a menu of charges then there should be no surprise that the charges are levied.

Transfer all the funds on HL to a suitable single fund before then transferring the SIPP to another provider, fund dealing at HL should be free and only 1 fund charge for the platform transfer. Once SIPP transferred you can rebalance as desired on new platform

Transfer all the funds on HL to a suitable single fund before then transferring the SIPP to another provider, fund dealing at HL should be free and only 1 fund charge for the platform transfer. Once SIPP transferred you can rebalance as desired on new platform
Originally posted by MyOnlyPost

No mention of a SIPP in the OP

Hi

My mum passed away last year and she had a around 150k invested in funds. I am getting the probate sorted now, I want to keep the funds so do i stick with HL or move to another broker? from what iv read they will charge me £25 for every fund transfer ???. So even after a death they still want to make money out of you !

I do have a HL account and are aware of the high vantage charges and was considering moving my own funds

Any thoughts
Originally posted by flopsy1973

HL is expensive for funds at that level.

Have a look at the links in this thread for comparative costs.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5583030