I still have it in CTF with F&C as I was not convinced I will chose any better funds after moving it to ISA that would give better returns even accounting for lower fees. As far as I understand the reasons for switching would be more choice and lower fees but as I am happy with current ones (20% yearly before even the Brexit spike) I did not see the point.

I still have it in CTF with F&C as I was not convinced I will chose any better funds after moving it to ISA that would give better returns even accounting for lower fees. As far as I understand the reasons for switching would be more choice and lower fees but as I am happy with current ones (20% yearly before even the Brexit spike) I did not see the point.
Originally posted by justme111

As regulars will know I too have a CTF with F&C mostly invested in the flagship "F&C Investment Trust" fund for my son.

I have a spreadsheet to work out the annualised returns from the varying contributions made since starting it 6 years ago, taking into account all charges - or to put it another way how much would a savings account have to pay to match it? The answer is 17.4% pa

Of course the usual disclaimer about past performance being no guide to future performance applies, but I have been very happy with it so far.

They offer a JISA on the same terms as the CTF.

My oldest son (17) has roughly 60% cash at 3% (tesco JISA) and 40% VLS60 with HL

Younger son(13) has roughly 50% VLS40 and 50%VLS60 - done this way as it keeps money I'm saving for him and money his grandad gave him separate in the same JISA account - again with HL

Mat