For anyone who has invested in trees in Costa Rica through this Bournemouth company. Here is the latest. I just spoke to the liquidators of the UK companies. All may not be lost. They are trying to find a buyer for the Costa Rican tree management business and are doing everything they can to ensure the management continues smoothly. The investors own the trees themselves so it is the the management that is to be transferred. Whilst they cannot guarantee our investments are safe the downfall of Ethical Forestry is not the end. They expect to be able to update investors in about a month.

Sorry OP, but looking at your three posts to these forums, I worry for you. Hope you have some back-up savings too...
Originally posted by Onawingandaprayer

I'm sure he has - probably safely invested in holiday home parks and airport car parks!

Sorry OP, but looking at your three posts to these forums, I worry for you. Hope you have some back-up savings too...
Originally posted by Onawingandaprayer

The adage "once bitten twice shy" doesn't seem to have applied in this case. If it's genuine then it's sad that someone is just throwing their money away like this - they must be the scammers dream come true.

About 2 years ago I invested in ethical forestry as the returns over 12 and 24 years were forecast to be good, new skills and work was/is provided to the local communities and the environment was being well managed. I have recently seen that similar investments in agriculture appear to be scams with promised investment not made by the companies.

I invested with Ethical Forestry and they provide regular updates and appear to be legitimate and professional but with returns being some time away I have no way of knowing. Has anybody any knowledge of the company - such as having gained returns from their investment?
Originally posted by SilverBeard

I am trying to put together a group of investors that lost money with Ethical Forestry and would like to hear from anyone wishing to get their money back.

I am trying to put together a group of investors that lost money with Ethical Forestry and would like to hear from anyone wishing to get their money back.
Originally posted by Bissime

Does it involve an upfront fee and you then disappear?