I take it that some of those on this thread have not read the existing threads on nutmeg.
Originally posted by dunstonh

Yes you're right, I take it you have? That being the case, instead of being sarcastic, try being a little helpful and answering the queries if you know the answers.

Many thanks

I have seen the same offer on Topcashback. Currently it's at £151 for Nutmeg S&S ISA. This sort of offer will be good for people who haven't got much invested and have not invested in the current tax year.

If you only have £500 and £100 a month to invest anyway then why not do this for the cashback? Not everybody has the full ISA allocation to hand each year and so this offer maybe a good one.

If the total fees are 1% (which they are not on the cheaper options) and the total you invest for the tax year in this ISA is £1700, You will be looking at fees in the region of £17 (maybe higher or lower depending on growth).

From an initial look at nutmeg there are options that suit different risk profiles and so you can choose one that suits your needs.

Growth in the fund may not be as good as say an equivalent VLS but it could also be better. Nobody knows. The fees are what are important and if it's only for a year on a small sum of money, the cashback paid to your chosen bank account (selected via the cashback site) would be a nice little earner for minimum effort.

That's my thoughts anyway FWIW.

Yes I started with Nutmeg Via Quicdo last year, and save about £250/month. Gains are around 12% in that period. Obvioulsy in a rising market gains were always going to be healthy. However because its managed when it dipped during brexit a large gain was made by them transferring investments to gold which went up. You can change your risk appitite on a sliding scale at any time to alter you investment.

Management fees are very reasonable too so Im a very happy customer. Even transferred an old workplace pension there so I can keep an better eye on it.
Originally posted by ben9090

There are probably worse ways of investing but they aren't a great option.

You don't say how your gains are calculated but a lump sum invested in a globally diversified equity heavy portfolio will typically have increased by between 25-30% in sterling terms over the last year.

Miners have done significantly better but they and their commodities are too risky and volatile for most people to hold except as a low percentage of assts.

If you only have £500 and £100 a month to invest anyway then why not do this for the cashback? Not everybody has the full ISA allocation to hand each year and so this offer maybe a good one.

If the total fees are 1% (which they are not on the cheaper options) and the total you invest for the tax year in this ISA is £1700, You will be looking at fees in the region of £17 (maybe higher or lower depending on growth).
Originally posted by Mogley

Probably a lot lower if you transfer out at the end of the three months.

I went for it last month for 2 ISAs - £180 cash back for 500>600>700>800 over 3-4 months looks like a good deal to me.

Investments are no more or less volatile than with any other provider, then transfer out to a cheaper platform.