Really wanted something that would help them along in life, but all options are open.
Originally posted by theshed

I'd suggest the best option would be to get them involved in doing the research and making the decision. The sooner they start learning about finance the better.

Thanks all. The Lifetime ISA is looking best, giving good return with most benefits. I like the idea of having choice of putting toward house or retirement.

The Junior ISA loses out to the 5% available to regular savers, at least in the first year.

Now if I could get the children involved that would be a good idea. Providing they not as indecisive as me !

The Junior ISA loses out to the 5% available to regular savers, at least in the first year.
Originally posted by theshed

The JISA can have exactly the same investments as the LISA so I'm not sure how it loses out to the regular savers? Obviously you don't get the bonus added but you don't with regular savers either. For 18 year terms you really should be looking at equities not cash

I may not be understanding it correct, but I thought it was 25% for the LISA at end of term, whether that be house purchase or pension whereas the JISA was 3.25%/an ?

Equities is not something I had considered for the children.