Since when did First Direct Reg Saver need to be from 1st account? JustAnotherSaver

I applied for a new regular saver on the 2nd & wondered why it still wasn't showing in my online portal so i sent them a message.

They said the £300 needed to come from a 1st account, not an e-Saver account.

This is new since my last one all came from the eSaver. I'd throw £300 into it each month & that's what would pay the regular saver.

Even when i filled out the application i had the option to select which account it came from.

So when was the change & why would an eSaver even be a selectable option if it's not allowed?

I have T&Cs dating back to 2010 stating that "Once a month you must make a standing order from your 1st Account into your Regular Saver Account". It was still there in the January 2016 update to the T&Cs, and the September 2016 update.

First direct have always required the regular saver to be funded from the first current account. And you can't change the date of the SO.

I don't know how you've managed to do it differently before.

I had a fd regular saver every year there has been one available.

Well i'm looking at my online statement for my eSaver now & it shows £300 going in on a set day each month and then £300 coming out (to the regular saver) a day or so later, with no activity in my 1st account. I even got a letter to say my 1st account hadn't been used in 12 months despite the fact i've owned a regular saver for the past 2-3 years with them.

Well i'm looking at my online statement for my eSaver now & it shows £300 going in on a set day each month and then £300 coming out (to the regular saver) a day or so later, with no activity in my 1st account. I even got a letter to say my 1st account hadn't been used in 12 months despite the fact i've owned a regular saver for the past 2-3 years with them.
Originally posted by JustAnotherSaver

I don't know how you've done it, but technically you didn't meet the account conditions, yet still got your interest. Never tried it myself as I read the T&Cs and assumed it was not possible.

I too was also funding last years regular Saver from the e-Saver. In fact for the last 2 years and received the interest on both accounts. This time they are insisting from the 1st account.

Interesting,

I pay mine for the 1st account, but thought this was the only account you could fund it from, Ill check the T&C's when my current regular saver matures.

:-)

I am clearly missing something here. Why you would anyone choose to use the e-savings account instead of the current account to fund the regular saver, or get worked up about it when they're not allowed to? The e-savings account pays no interest in months where a withdrawal is made so why use it for monthly withdrawals? If, however, the esavings account is the Everyday e-savings account, then this pays so little interest at 0.05% as to not be of concern. Either way I see no benefit from transferring £300 to an esavings account and withdrawing it the same month to the regular saver than doing so in the 1st Account.

I am clearly missing something here. Why you would anyone choose to use the e-savings account instead of the current account to fund the regular saver, or get worked up about it when they're not allowed to? The e-savings account pays no interest in months where a withdrawal is made so why use it for monthly withdrawals? If, however, the esavings account is the Everyday e-savings account, then this pays so little interest at 0.05% as to not be of concern. Either way I see no benefit from transferring £300 to an esavings account and withdrawing it the same month to the regular saver than doing so in the 1st Account.
Originally posted by isasmurf

Correct. You ARE missing something.

Love how you slipped in "worked up" in there too. Show me someone who's worked up. I haven't seen anyone in this thread yet so maybe you're on about a different thread? Who knows

I had the choice. current account & get no interest, esavings account & get interest.

Since i don't use either & they're doing the exact same thing i may as well use the one that gains me interest & satisfy my curiosity of ... i wonder how many pennies it would generate come the end of the year.

Which i did. All was good. I'm glad someone else has posted here to confirm they did the same because we all know what the next step would be don't we

So then this year when it wasn't allowed & i found out a week after applying, i wondered why, since it was different from the previous years & thought i'd come here to ask.

Ahhh .... asking, maybe that's the bit you confused for being "worked up"?

"Can you pass me the salt dear"?

"Stop getting worked up"!!!