Stockbroker reccomendation ... setanta are crooks

I currently use Hargreaves Landsdown - have some accumulation funds (mainly trackers) which (apparently) are paying dividends.

HL told me that the dividends have automatically been reinvested and thus reflected in the value of the fund - unlike with individual shares where additional shares are purchased and I am able to see how the dividends are reinvested.

I asked HL to split out the value increase of the fund between dividends reinvested and regular capital growth / loss and they told me that this is not possible.

Does anybody have any recommendations for another online stockbroker which is able to split out the information - or are they all as bad as each other?

I think you should read up more on Acc vs. Inc because it seems you are quite confused.

Acc don't pay income. That is what Inc is for.

Accumulation funds have their income reinvested into the fund. Income funds pay out income.

Just compare a fund which has Acc and Inc and look at the performance difference. The Inc will show a much less increase in fund value because the income is paid out, whereas Acc it is reinvested.

If you look at the fund fact sheet then it shows the yield which is the dividend rate.

If you actually want to see the payments then as above you need Inc versions but bear in mind those will cost more with HL.

Changing brokers in the basis of missing information that you wouldn't get elsewhere seems a bit pointless.

Just compare a fund which has Acc and Inc and look at the performance difference

If the income unit exists, then this is the easiest way to do it.

Why do you want/need the information? Although it's nice to know for personal interest, it's not a number that means much in isolation.

Thanks for your replies guys

@ Lokolo - I appreciate the difference between Acc vs Income. Just think it would be helpful to find out how much the gain is down to dividends vs capital growth

@ princeofpounds - correct, it is just for personal interest and is not the only number that I am looking at

@ JimJames - Charles Stanley Direct told me that they will split out the information

Does anybody have any recommendations for another online stockbroker which is able to split out the information - or are they all as bad as each other?
Originally posted by setanta are crooks

Do you read the full version of the published annual accounts? This will give you a lot of extremely useful information regarding the fund.

Charles Stanley Direct told me that they will split out the information

I see you've answered your own question... (glossing over the anachronism that is 'stockbroker' - HL and CSD are platform providers.