Prepping for a loan MediaGuy

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for a little advice. I would like to take a loan of approximately £7500 for a new boiler and double glazing. However the rates being offered are not really that good and I want to get the better rate. Affordability isn't an issue, just the rate.

In the very distant past I have had an IVA but that was done and dusted many years ago. I did take a £15000 loan out in 2015 to buy a new car over four years. As of Jan I had £950 left to pay. This was with Halifax at 4.3% I paid this off with money I had lying round. It ended up being paid off 2 years early.

Playing around with the Halifax website gives me 9.9% as the best rate, even at £10,000. I go with the Halifax as they are a known quantity to me and vice-versa. Most of my products are with them, including current account, mortgage and sole credit card.

As it. stands now, today, I owe my mortgage plus £1200 at 6% on the credit card. I will more than likely only need the loan until the end of the year when I take my (second job) company dividend which will more than cover the amount.

What is the best way to do this. Is there any point talking to the Halifax? I dont need the loan in any super urgent way. I would just like to get the last few items on the house sorted.

Using the credit comparison tool here (the in depth one) suggests that I have a 90% chance of being accepted by Sainsbury's at 4.3% if that makes any difference.

Regards

MG

Hi Everyone,

Just looking for a little advice. I would like to take a loan of approximately £7500 for a new boiler and double glazing. However the rates being offered are not really that good and I want to get the better rate. Affordability isn't an issue, just the rate.

In the very distant past I have had an IVA but that was done and dusted many years ago. I did take a £15000 loan out in 2015 to buy a new car over four years. As of Jan I had £950 left to pay. This was with Halifax at 4.3% I paid this off with money I had lying round. It ended up being paid off 2 years early.

Playing around with the Halifax website gives me 9.9% as the best rate, even at £10,000. I go with the Halifax as they are a known quantity to me and vice-versa. Most of my products are with them, including current account, mortgage and sole credit card.

As it. stands now, today, I owe my mortgage plus £1200 at 6% on the credit card. I will more than likely only need the loan until the end of the year when I take my (second job) company dividend which will more than cover the amount.

What is the best way to do this. Is there any point talking to the Halifax? I dont need the loan in any super urgent way. I would just like to get the last few items on the house sorted.

Using the credit comparison tool here (the in depth one) suggests that I have a 90% chance of being accepted by Sainsbury's at 4.3% if that makes any difference.

Regards

MG
Originally posted by MediaGuy

No harm in seeing if Halifax will offer a rate you like.

With the MSE comparison tool you have a 10% chance of not getting the 4.3%.

How much is it for the boiler ?

Maybe consider a credit card or 2 with 0% for purchases.