I remember, back in the real dark days, looking at my Experian data and seeing month after month of M against my monthly payments. It took me a long time to crack that habit.

Another simple thing to do is pay a higher percentage than the minimum. I pay 3% across all my 0% cards when their minimums are between 2.25% and 2.5%. Keeps you from having "M"s on your file, doesn't make all that much difference to the payment amount and pays the debt down slightly quicker too.

Me personally, I think it's a myth. I can only speak for myself and my experience in obtaining credit from various providers over the many years. I only ever pay minimum on 0% deals whether that be for purchases or balance transfers and all the lenders have increased my limit intermittently without any request from me and have always received a much larger limit than I initially expected from a new lender.

I think your repayment history, your internal rating with whatever bank/lender, your salary and your current account turnover amongst a lot of other factors hold far more weight than if you solely just make the minimum repayment.

Each to their own
Originally posted by Candyapple

That's why it hasn't negatively affected you because they can see you are on a 0% deal so won't look at the minimum payment marker negatively.

It would be a different story if you were paying interest each month and still only paying the minumum payment.