Loan Promise sivs

Hello,

I recently a applied for a loan for £7,500. Tried Sainsbury's first and they accepted but not @ 2.9% (awaiting for agreement to come) Then thought I'd try my luck with Santander and they offered me the same but at 3%.

Nationwide have now confirmed they can offer me the price promise 0.5% less which will give me a rate of 2.5% when I get this agreement can I sent this to Sainsbury's to get 0.1% less as they have a price promise too.

Cheers,

I would be very careful as 3 big loan applications in a short period of time will have an adverse effect on your credit profile.

How did you apply for the Nationwide loan?... And are they your main bank account provider?

If online the price guarantee is not covered.

Do you have a written offer from Nationwide?

You must provide us with a written offer from the other lender in the same name as the Loan offered by Sainsbury's. In most cases a photocopy of the loan agreement will suffice but we may ask you to provide the original agreement. If you provide an original document, we will return this to you within 5 days of assessing your claim. Photocopies will not be returned and will be securely destroyed by us. Sainsbury's will verify the validity of your claim within 5 business days of receiving your request and notify you of the result.

The Offer does not apply to the following rate or loan types:

- Discount rates offered only to members of groups or individuals who meet previously specified criteria;

They may fail you on this aspect given that you need to be a Nationwide current account holder to be eligible for the price promise.

Worth a try though?

Do you have a written offer from Nationwide? Yes I spoke to them on the phone this morning and they have approved my loan they just want the loan agreement from Santander. Which I have

They may fail you on this aspect given that you need to be a Nationwide current account holder to be eligible for the price promise.

Worth a try though?
Originally posted by Candyapple

I am a main current account holder.

I would be very careful as 3 big loan applications in a short period of time will have an adverse effect on your credit profile.

How did you apply for the Nationwide loan?... And are they your main bank account provider?

If online the price guarantee is not covered.
Originally posted by jonesMUFCforever

Thank you however I have been approved for all loans.. Applied over the phone however the lady on the phone said online applications are accepted as I did a quote beforehand and just just submitted this for me.

Do you have a written offer from Nationwide? Not yet as they need to amend this when the receive my Santander agreements.

Worth a try though?
Originally posted by Candyapple

You are probably right and I won't be saving much for an extra 0.1% saving £40 from 3% to 2.5% hardly going to break the bank