TSB Personalised rate WeeAl

hi,

Last month I had a rate offer of 10%, applied and was declined. Today it is 2.9%!

I wouldn't have thought that 10% meant they viewed me as a big risk so was surprised it was declined. Was wondering if the reduction in rate meant I had a better chance?

Also, the search hasn't appeared on any credit file so was wondering if they use internal systems?

Thanks

Used to work at a competitor retail bank so can only comment on how things worked there.

All loan applications were logged regardless of outcomes so if you reapply theyll probably know you were declined at 10%

Given the new rate is 2.9% and you were rejected at 10% would probably expect the same outcome given this new loan is at a lower interest rate

But have you really been offered a rate of 2.9% or is it an internet banking advertisement seem by all offering loans from 2.9%?
Originally posted by Ben8282

Its probably this ^^^^^

I get loan offers every week from my bank quoting the lowest rate, I very much doubt I would get accepted.

It's like when prizes offer up to £10,000 in shiny big font! The main words are 'up to' i.e. could be a prize of a £1 - it's still 'up to' £10k!

It's like when prizes offer up to £10,000 in shiny big font! The main words are 'up to' i.e. could be a prize of a £1 - it's still 'up to' £10k!
Originally posted by zippygeorgeandben

well, -£10 which mean you pay £10 and get nothing is still up to £10,000 is not it