PCP advice Lee Heseltine

Hi All, my first post.....

I am wanting to get a PCP to buy a car but not one from a dealer which all seem very high considering I have a good credit rating. I want to buy from a Porsche main dealer and they will not budge on the high APR which I am not prepared to pay. Is there anywhere I can get a good deal on a PCP? I have seen 2 good offers, one with Lloyds and one with the Halifax but I do not bank with them therefore I am not eligible.

Thanks

Hi All, my first post.....

I am wanting to get a PCP to buy a car but not one from a dealer which all seem very high considering I have a good credit rating. I want to buy from a Porsche main dealer and they will not budge on the high APR which I am not prepared to pay. Is there anywhere I can get a good deal on a PCP? I have seen 2 good offers, one with Lloyds and one with the Halifax but I do not bank with them therefore I am not eligible.

Thanks
Originally posted by Lee Heseltine

Your credit rating isnt seen by lenders, your credit history is.

If you cant get a pcp deal with an apr you like then lower your expectatoons, go for a smaller car, 1 that you could get a deal on or buy 1.

My humble advise would be to save up for a car like a Porsche.

When you have saved the £30-£80K+ up through hard work you will 99.999% not want to hand that hard earned cash over for a car.

Think of a loan/pcp etc as the same drain on your finances now, only worse because you have to pay many £1000s on top in interest etc

Buy the right Porsche and it could retain the bulk of its value or appreciate in value.

What APR are Porsche talking?

Have you tried some of the Porsche enthusiast forums?

What year / model / price of car specifically?

My wife needed a new car (for work) and took out the PCP with Mercedes Benz finance on an E class. The APR was high (5%) but the incentive was a further £3k central discount on top of the dealers £3k. She refinanced two weeks later through her bank at 3.2%.

Anecdotally, we tried to buy a Cayman S and found Porsche didn't entertain deals so you may as well skip the PCP and secure a loan and then source your car on one of the price comparison websites.