Getting a loan from my local credit union mrtypist7

I am 19 years old, I have applied for a loan from my local credit Union, I have been turned down several times from big banks due to X reasons, so I was told to go to the credit union here in Scotland, so far its going fine, application is in, ID photocopied and handed in to the office, I will hear my answer tomorrow. I am having the typical worries we all surely have when applying though, I'm worried it will be denied. Now I spoke with an adviser who told me, based on my credit report, my score is average, my income is great and I pay all my things on time, never missed a payment, my only issue is I have a bit too many applications in a short time (my mistake, I was being stupid) so its not all bad. I'm looking to know.

- Are Credit Unions more lenient than big banks and lenders on their decision making?

-Can I dispute it with them?

-What can I do to convince them further that I am a worthy candidate?

Appreciate the help!

- Typically, yes.

- Unlikely, but you can always try. But use the word 'appeal' with them, rather than 'dispute'.

- Not much. They'll have their own criteria.

I am 19 years old, I have applied for a loan from my local credit Union, I have been turned down several times from big banks due to X reasons, so I was told to go to the credit union here in Scotland, so far its going fine, application is in, ID photocopied and handed in to the office, I will hear my answer tomorrow. I am having the typical worries we all surely have when applying though, I'm worried it will be denied. Now I spoke with an adviser who told me, based on my credit report, my score is average, my income is great and I pay all my things on time, never missed a payment, my only issue is I have a bit too many applications in a short time (my mistake, I was being stupid) so its not all bad. I'm looking to know.

- Are Credit Unions more lenient than big banks and lenders on their decision making?

-Can I dispute it with them?

-What can I do to convince them further that I am a worthy candidate?

Appreciate the help!
Originally posted by mrtypist7

The extra searches will make you look desperate.

So the advisor decided your score was average, wonder if he meant you scored average when your data was entered into the system.