Barclys partner finance strong armed me in to a loan Richie2128

Hi all.

Some years ago around 2009 I took out a loan with barclys partner finance of 6k for a construction course. At the time I was not made aware of the fact that the loan would cost over 12k to repay. I don't evenue know if the guy I signed up with worked for barclys partner or the training provider. I plan on seeing if there is any ppi owed. Is there any one else out there that knows of other ways to claw back money on this type of account

Hi all.

Some years ago around 2009 I took out a loan with barclys partner finance of 6k for a construction course. At the time I was not made aware of the fact that the loan would cost over 12k to repay.
Originally posted by Richie2128

Even though it was printed on the loan agreement that you signed?

Hi all.

Some years ago around 2009 I took out a loan with barclys partner finance of 6k for a construction course. At the time I was not made aware of the fact that the loan would cost over 12k to repay. I don't evenue know if the guy I signed up with worked for barclys partner or the training provider. I plan on seeing if there is any ppi owed. Is there any one else out there that knows of other ways to claw back money on this type of account
Originally posted by Richie2128

Wait until you take out a mortgage, then you'll really start moaning about how the amount paid back isn't fair (in your opinion)

PPI is never "owed", you establish if you had it then complain and see if they agree - if it was included in the loan (called single premium) you might have some success, if it was a separate monthly charge it's not as likely