Who Are AYL AlwaysOnTheGo

So yesterday I receive this email and attachment. No hard copy letter

EMAIL

from [email address admin at ayl org uk]

CLIENT: xxx

Amount due £93,102.48

(Including costs & interest)

Dear yyy

Our Client has placed your account with our company for immediate collection action.

Calculation of indebtedness:

Capital due £73,269.58

Interest claimed at a rate of 8.5% per annum £19,832.90 and continuing at the daily rate of £16.06 In order to avoid further collection activity, the above amount must be paid in full by return mail, bank transfer or by telephoning 01474 708 497 and making payment over the phone.

AYL Client Account

Account Number: 60685046

Sort Code: 20-62-69

Reference: xx/yy

Please find attached Assignment of Debt for your information.

Yours faithfully

Miss D Gartrell

Collections and Investigations

AYL Commercial

PO Box 423

Dartford

Kent

DA1 9LS

01474 708 497

aylcommercial co uk

Please note we do not accept service by fax or email

and here is the attachment wording

[company logo letterhead], no address

[address to the company directors home address]

Dear xxx

Notice of Assignment of Debt

We hereby assign all rights and financial rewards from [company name] for the payment made to yyy on [date in mid 2009] for the sum of £3000 for the sum of £1

Yours sincerely

[name]

Company Secretary

Years ago this gentleman gifted me £3k and I offered to pay it back, in writing. He refused, verbally, saying it was a gift. We fell out earlier this year and now this. Where do I go with this please and before you ask I don't have £93k sitting around.

The only information I can find is that the sender, has a linked profile that shows she simultaneously works for 2 companies with identical job descriptions. The other being Carton Business Services who had their consumer credit licence revoked in 2011 after using scare tactics to force indebted consumers to pay up.

That company was found to lack sufficient skills, knowledge and experience to operate a consumer debt collection business. Specific points raised included that it did not have procedures to deal fairly and properly with consumers in place and that the payment demand letter was designed to look like an official or legal document, against OFT guidance. Finally it was noted that the managing director's described himself to debtors as a lawyer intended to create a misleading impression.

How do I find out if they have a consumer credit licence and who the MD is for both companies ?

I'm scared to bin it incase the 'debt' is increasing and I feel I need to acknowledge it but am also worried that if I acknowledge it in any way I am accepting liability.

So yesterday I receive this email and attachment. No hard copy letter

EMAIL

from [email address admin at ayl org uk]

CLIENT: xxx

Amount due £93,102.48

(Including costs & interest)

Dear yyy

Our Client has placed your account with our company for immediate collection action.

Calculation of indebtedness:

Capital due £73,269.58

Interest claimed at a rate of 8.5% per annum £19,832.90 and continuing at the daily rate of £16.06 In order to avoid further collection activity, the above amount must be paid in full by return mail, bank transfer or by telephoning 01474 708 497 and making payment over the phone.

AYL Client Account

Account Number: 60685046

Sort Code: 20-62-69

Reference: xx/yy

Please find attached Assignment of Debt for your information.

Yours faithfully

Miss D Gartrell

Collections and Investigations

AYL Commercial

PO Box 423

Dartford

Kent

DA1 9LS

01474 708 497

aylcommercial co uk

Please note we do not accept service by fax or email

and here is the attachment wording

[company logo letterhead], no address

[address to the company directors home address]

Dear xxx

Notice of Assignment of Debt

We hereby assign all rights and financial rewards from [company name] for the payment made to yyy on [date in mid 2009] for the sum of £3000 for the sum of £1

Yours sincerely

[name]

Company Secretary

Years ago this gentleman gifted me £3k and I offered to pay it back, in writing. He refused, verbally, saying it was a gift. We fell out earlier this year and now this. Where do I go with this please and before you ask I don't have £93k sitting around.
Originally posted by AlwaysOnTheGo

If you genuinely received a £3000 gift and then offered to repay it and was refused, then ignore anything thats sent to you and move on.

If the loan was more than six years ago, and you haven't made a payment or acknowledged the amount as a debt in those six years, then the debt is statute barred anyway and cannot be taken to court.

So sit back and have a cup of tea.