The Police won't give hoot. They may give you a feelgood reference number but that's about all.

Can you tell us precisely.... The ONLY place you have filled out your details to is the fax sheet you sent to Wageday advance?

Can you confirm you have NEVER given your bank details to anyone else whilst searching for a loan?

i can confirm i only gave my details to wage day advance. I read carefully who i was dealing with because i didn't want to be involved with brokers because of things like this.

The Police won't give hoot. They may give you a feelgood reference number but that's about all.

Can you tell us precisely.... The ONLY place you have filled out your details to is the fax sheet you sent to Wageday advance?

Can you confirm you have NEVER given your bank details to anyone else whilst searching for a loan?
Originally posted by Apples2

You know Apples, I have long suspected (from the stories) that this might actually be happening. The consumer gives their details to one company and then this is passed around to other 'brokers' in the fashion described. This isnt the first time we've seen people who insist that they have only given their details out to one company (one too many as that may be) and then find their accounts raided by additional brokers.

OP, go back to your bank, insist that these are unauthorised transactions and that they are not only stopped, but that they are returned - immediately to your account. The bank will bluster, but in the end, this is simply unauthorised and you have every right to demand that the bank do their job and stop it happening with immediate effect.

You know Apples, I have long suspected (from the stories) that this might actually be happening. The consumer gives their details to one company and then this is passed around to other 'brokers' in the fashion described. This isnt the first time we've seen people who insist that they have only given their details out to one company (one too many as that may be) and then find their accounts raided by additional brokers.

Originally posted by FireWyrm

I'm sure it is too but similarly, we see lots of posts from people in complete denial but then admit to giving details out later on.

Lets be in no doubt, brokers are vermin. The law says they can charge £5 but how many actually charge £5?

I do a lot of digging around with these broker dogs and consider Stockport to be the centre of all these scams, the 0161 area code is perhaps the most common among the companies behind these scams, which suggests (to me) there is a connection between them.

I honestly don't think there are as many as it appears, it is the same group operating under different names/websites but once any one of them have details, they all do.

Where's my tinfoil hat?

I'm sure it is too but similarly, we see lots of posts from people in complete denial but then admit to giving details out later on.

Granted, but we are seeing similar numbers of people who either didnt click on the 'commit' button, backed out of the website before going anywhere and also, like this story, just sent their details to one broker.

Lets be in no doubt, brokers are vermin.

No argument there.

Where's my tinfoil hat?

No tinfoil hat necessary. Years ago, I uncovered a mobile phone scam that was running out of Cawdor St in B'Ham and no one wanted to know, least of all O2. Everyone turns a blind eye to fraud in the basis that it is someone elses' problem to fix. It is the same with these 'broker' websites.

To anyone reading this : BROKERS ARE SCAMS. End of story.