Available balance payment vanished? jack5553

Hiya nice to meet you guys im wondering if someone could help me because im confused about whats happening with my account, im a santander user and a few days ago I bought something from amazon for 40 pounds on my debit card, when I checked my available balance was £40 lower than my regular balance which is normal, I checked this morning to see if the payment went through and it was still the same, so anyway I check later on this evening and now my available balance is up £40 so its the same as my currrent balance but that cant be the case since I bought the product from amazon, so I checked if the order was cancelled but it wasnt and the order has been dispatched has this happend to anyone else? Thank you for reading.

Hi, well 83 people have read your post and no one has answered.

Looks like 83 of us have not had this happen, and can't think what could cause it . . .

Check again tomorrow, maybe?

It would appear that there has been a delay in debiting this debit card transaction to your account resulting in the authorisation dropping off. The £40 will in all probability be debited to your account very shortly. Nothing to be concerned about.

It would appear that there has been a delay in debiting this debit card transaction to your account resulting in the authorisation dropping off. The £40 will in all probability be debited to your account very shortly. Nothing to be concerned about.
Originally posted by Ben8282

I've had this happen with much larger transactions than £40. The money will be taken from your account within the next few days. Apparently they have 6 months to claim the cash.