Card came this morning....quick
Originally posted by Shakin Steve

I expected it would arrive next day, as mine did. They don't waste time putting your name on it..!

If and when they get their bank up and running and it performs as well as the prepaid card, they should be a winner.

Afew questions about Revolut:-

There is a delivery charge £5 Revolut MasterCard and Revolut Virtual MasterCard is free - What is the diffirence between the 2 cards.

Use of card abroad - Is there a charge for ATM c/w or use in shops?

Thanks

Afew questions about Revolut:-

There is a delivery charge £5 Revolut MasterCard and Revolut Virtual MasterCard is free - What is the diffirence between the 2 cards.

Use of card abroad - Is there a charge for ATM c/w or use in shops?

Thanks
Originally posted by starM

That's the fee for the card. Expensive when compared to other prepaid travel cards and it's the same fee for replacing a lost card or £10 if you want an extra (spare) card.

The virtual card is in the app, everyone gets one and it's used for online purchases. If you want to use it for point of sale in the U.K. and overseas you need the plastic card.

ATM free for the first £200 per month, 2% fee per withdrawal thereafter, point of sale in UK and overseas free.

It's a prepaid card and like most other prepaid cards there are no guarantees so if your money goes to the wide blue yonder you've lost it. You could have problems with retailers and services which pre-authorise such as some self-serve petrol stations and hotels and payment services such as Tesco's PayQwik There will also be problems on trains and boats and planes due to it only working when the card terminal is online.
Originally posted by Anthorn

Monzo cards doesn't have your name on it, so its hard for someone to use it if its lost. You can also freeze your card directly from the app with a click. Also i've been using Monzo for few months and never had problems with preauthorizing as its standard mastercard. to be honest i prefer use monzo for preauthorizing than credit cards with big credit limits. I'm very happy with overall experience and cannot wait for the current account avaialbility so i can move my direct debts into there.

Monzo cards doesn't have your name on it, so its hard for someone to use it if its lost. You can also freeze your card directly from the app with a click. Also i've been using Monzo for few months and never had problems with preauthorizing as its standard mastercard. to be honest i prefer use monzo for preauthorizing than credit cards with big credit limits. I'm very happy with overall experience and cannot wait for the current account avaialbility so i can move my direct debts into there.
Originally posted by geek1981

I think payments will accept any name - it can be Joe Shmuck and will get through.