unlock online bank accounts DaveyBee

Some banks if you foul-up your online credentials and lockup your account when phoned will unlock your account for you so provided you do know your credentials (and have realised your Caps Lock was left on) you can then get back on-line.

Santander apparently do not and you're left without access to your account for 4-6 working days while they send through fresh log-in details. You can of course call their telephone banking - providing the credentials successfully to allow them to access you account - but if you ask them to perform an urgent transation for you (ie pay a credit card bill that is due) they wont do it without asking you further security questions about your account that relate to known transactions. Unsurprisingly as you cant access your account and are paper-free you cant answer these transactional questions (bonkers or what - Catch 22 !!) so they wont perform any actions and you just have to wiat until new credentials come through the post (ie you have no access to your account unless you are prepared to travel (in my case a 25 mile round trip) to your nearest branch to get a transaction performed.

Question : some banks are happy enough to unlock your locked account so you can try afresh to put in the correct credentials - I would like to move my Business Account to someone that does allow this - any guidance on which Banks do allow this and which dont. I cant afford to have no access to my bank account for a week. MAny thanks

- I would like to move my Business Account to someone that does allow this - any guidance on which Banks do allow this and which dont. I cant afford to have no access to my bank account for a week. MAny thanks
Originally posted by DaveyBee

Wouldn't it just be easier to take care when entering your current login details?

Banks are given a really hard time when they allow someone else to access our accounts. But when they implement the security measures to make sure this isn't happening, well, they are given a really hard time again.