I see no problem, either, although the more paranoid may want to bear in mind that it is theoretically possible to set up direct debits using someone's bank details. This is why it's important to review one's list of direct debits online regularly

I've never used it but if your husband links his mobile number to his current account then it's possible to use PAYM whereby someone pays from their current account to yours just using the phone number.

"Nice man" is evidently concerned to protect his no-claims bonus, and I suppose that if the accident were to go on the record your motor insurance might also be affected. However, isn't there a legal requirement to report accidents to the police?

Do bear in mind that if any damage (to the car or to husband) were to come to light at a later date, then not involving insurance would mean that you would bear the entire cost for yourselves -- and physiotherapy is not exactly cheap!

To agree with the others, however, giving your bank details is safe.

"Nice man" is evidently concerned to protect his no-claims bonus, and I suppose that if the accident were to go on the record your motor insurance might also be affected. However, isn't there a legal requirement to report accidents to the police?

Do bear in mind that if any damage (to the car or to husband) were to come to light at a later date, then not involving insurance would mean that you would bear the entire cost for yourselves -- and physiotherapy is not exactly cheap!

To agree with the others, however, giving your bank details is safe.
Originally posted by Voyager2002

Police no, insurance yes