I have and it mentions KBC Ireland more than anything but how could I pay euros in to that account (cash)? That's the problem I'm facing, I'm in the uk and would like to pay euros in an account, or onto a prepay card but the only way I can see is to change into sterling, pay into sterling account and transfer or topup prepay with debit card? Then I get stung with exchange rates every step of the way?

Barclays currency accounts allow euro cash deposits but does not come with a card. You can only withdraw as cash or transfer to a barclays sterling account.

Ah ok, so with the Barclays option is it a Euro account and could I then for example transfer in euros to my Revolut card? Basically I am now getting quite a few fares (I'm a taxi driver) who want to pay in euros and I do not need euros so am looking at ways to change to sterling or even usd without getting stung on exchange rates.

Yes it is Euros. You do need a barclays sterling account to open it. Not sure the exchange rate to transfer between and not sure if it allows transfers to other accounts.

Yes it is Euros. You do need a barclays sterling account to open it. Not sure the exchange rate to transfer between and not sure if it allows transfers to other accounts.
Originally posted by Mike_320

It would be worth checking this. If you can deposit cash euros then transfer it as a Revolut top-up you could escape Barclays' lousy exchange rate.

Transferwise could be better than Revolut to move the money. In theory, EU banks should allow any EU citizen to open an account (the idea behind SEPA) so you could look at which countries are a nightmare and which aren't. France is a bit of a nightmare.