It depends. Does your ISA pre-req a current account? E.g. how can you withdraw money from your ISA? You can simply open a second current account with the same provider if necessary.

No ISA or other account will be transferred if you transfer a given current account.

It depends. Does your ISA pre-req a current account? E.g. how can you withdraw money from your ISA? You can simply open a second current account with the same provider if necessary.

No ISA or other account will be transferred if you transfer a given current account.
Originally posted by colsten

It's a help to buy ISA, how would I find this out? I can transfer money from the ISA when I want to another account with no penalty.

It happened to me last year: the current account got switched and closed, but the savings account did not, and it's still there today.
Originally posted by concernedSaver

So how do you access it? Can you access it? This is what I'm worried about.

Why would they automatically switch your savings account or ISA to your new bank if you switch your current account.

Clearly some providers - like Nationwide with their flexclusive ISA or regular saver – have special products that require you to have a current account. But they would presumably close these and move them to another savings account with them (or ask you first) rather than transfer the sums saved to your new bank?

OP, which bank do you hold your Help to Buy ISA?

If you switch your bank account that is the only accoutn that is switched they have no other access or knowledge of any other account your hold other then the one you are switching, (the account number and sort code) you put on the the transfer form, or verbally if switching over the phone.

I dont know of any H2B ISA's where you have to have a current account to open one, or use only one account to fund it.

Regular savers yes (Santander and N/Wide) both require you to hold and fund your account via a bank account, but never a ISA.

Remember you can have an ISA at 16 but an adult account at 18 so would be difficult for those people who fall in this gap, and only have children's savings accounts till they have their first account at 18..

It's a help to buy ISA, how would I find this out? I can transfer money from the ISA when I want to another account with no penalty.

So how do you access it? Can you access it? This is what I'm worried about.

Originally posted by Edinns

Depends on what bank your H2B Isa is with you may have online access to your ISA, or you have paperwork with the details of the sort code and account number where you then have to into your local branch to close it when you have found a property.

Or fund it by standing orders you have no requirement to visit a branch as this is done online, from your bank account..

With more information I can try to be more specific for you...

Westie983