Will the Current account switch service work for all direct debits ? Mchambers

I am switching my current account to a Halifax reward account.

I started the switch a few days ago. I have just realised that I got my electricity company to create a direct debit on against my old current account seven days ago. Does anyone know whether the switch service will include this d/debit with the transfer or whether I will need to get my electricity company to create a new d/debit ?

Thanks

Did the DD show on your old account before the switch started?

If so it will be included, if it isnt showing then it may have not get transfered, the only way to check is to wait till day seven when your switch completes then check the DD list.

If it doesn't show you will need to contact your energy company as the DD will fail as your old account would be closed as part of the switch.

Westie983

Westie is correct.

If you've online access to your new Halifax account you might be able to see the direct debits being set up on your new account.

If it was initiated before you started the switched then it will likely be transferred across provided you initiated it a few days beforehand.

Best to keep an eye on both your accounts and you can always contact the energy company once the switch has been completed.

They have advised me that not all of my dd were in place before the switch to get the switch bonus. So I will just transfer my to account another bank account and then just transfer back a few days later to get the bonus. Silly game but who cares for such little effort.

They have advised me that not all of my dd were in place before the switch to get the switch bonus. So I will just transfer my to account another bank account and then just transfer back a few days later to get the bonus. Silly game but who cares for such little effort.
Originally posted by Mchambers

Thanks for the update, you mention you are switching to Halifax reward to get the incentive, you don't need to switch any DD to get this incentive, so who has said they needed to be in place before to get the switch bonus? You just need to use the switching service to qualify, and any DD you do have will be switched but you dont have to have any at all.

have a read of the T&C"s here Switching Current Account

You will just need to tell your electric company your new Halifax details when its up and running and make sure it appears under your Direct Debits and Standing Orders when you look online.

Westie983

Thanks for the update, you mention you are switching to Halifax reward to get the incentive, you don't need to switch any DD to get this incentive, so who has said they needed to be in place before to get the switch bonus? You just need to use the switching service to qualify, and any DD you do have will be switched but you dont have to have any at all.

have a read of the T&C"s here Switching Current Account

You will just need to tell your electric company your new Halifax details when its up and running and make sure it appears under your Direct Debits and Standing Orders when you look online.

Westie983
Originally posted by Westie983

My mistake. I meant the Co-op not Halifax.

Hope this now makes sense.

I will simply transfer my current co-op bank account to another bank account and then transfer it back to the co-op with it's 4 d/ds. Silly game but it is the co-op's choice.