One more query I'm afraid. I've read that you can't get these bonuses if you've been a customer with the banks before. About 30-odd years ago I was a customer of Midland and Nat West and I think that at least one of these was absorbed by HSBC. Does that mean I would be classified as a previous customer.

Edit: Obviously it was only the Midland that was taken over by HSBC, Nat West is still in existence

One more query I'm afraid. I've read that you can't get these bonuses if you've been a customer with the banks before. About 30-odd years ago I was a customer of Midland and Nat West and I think that at least one of these was absorbed by HSBC. Does that mean I would be classified as a previous customer.

Edit: Obviously it was only the Midland that was taken over by HSBC, Nat West is still in existence
Originally posted by zolablue25

HSBC are quite picky when it it comes to their advanced account which is the one offering the incentive. Reading the T & Cs you would qualify subject to account being offered as you have not been a customer since January 2015 and it shows an * which says you can hold a M&S and FD account.

Here is the link

https://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/PA_esf-ca-app-content/content/pws/content/personal/pdfs/HSBC_200_Switching_offer.pdf

Good luck on switching.

Westie983

Originally posted by zolablue25

Where have you read that?

In the switch incentive T&Cs on the banks' own websites, or in some article, or statement from random internet users?

The point I'm trying to make is that you must consult the individual bank's T&Cs rather than rely on hearsay.

FWIW, I think only FD excludes anyone who has been a previous customer. But don't take that as your answer - check

Where have you read that?

In the switch incentive T&Cs on the banks' own websites, or in some article, or statement from random internet users?

The point I'm trying to make is that you must consult the individual bank's T&Cs rather than rely on hearsay.

FWIW, I think only FD excludes anyone who has been a previous customer. But don't take that as your answer - check
Originally posted by badger09

It was here, and it was referring to FD http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5580861

Thanks everyone that has helped.

You can have all 3 - and in my experience each bank won't notice. I had been an HSBC customer for 20 years - but FD and M&S couldn't electronically ID me at all!