Your bank will set your ATM limit to either £300 up to £500.

This runs from 0:00 - 0:00 so you can take £300 out of your account at 11:59 and another £300 at 00:01, because its then counted as a new day.

If your limit is £300, you may be able to ask your bank to increase this to maximum amount of £500.

Most bank accounts with Halifax were changed late 2015 from £300 to £500 automatically so you may have £500 already if you bank with Halifax. Savings accounts are still limited to £300.

Westie983
Originally posted by Westie983

Why a max of £500. May be a Halifax thing but I can go much more. So your "Maximum" is misleading.

Why a max of £500. May be a Halifax thing but I can go much more. So your "Maximum" is misleading.
Originally posted by ceredigion

You can get more then £500 out of an ATM can you?

Which bank accounts is this?

Of all the accounts I hold the maximum ATM withdrawal is between £300 - £500 depending on what account it is, but I am happy to be corrected, as I don't hold an account with all banks in the UK especially the Scottish banks, and make the assumption that they have a maximum limit of up to £500.

The withdrawal amount is around £300, unless it is increased by individual banks periodically, also the OP provides a range between £300 - £500.

That said my answer to the OP still stands regardless of the amount, if you exceed it you are given a warning on the ATM and told to contact your bank, where most of the time you have access to more money over the counter.

Westie983

Your bank will set your ATM limit to either £300 up to £500.

Westie983

You can get more then £500 out of an ATM can you?

Which bank accounts is this?

Westie983

Santander select £750 per day

http://www.santander.co.uk/uk/select/products/123-current-account

Barclays premier £1000 per day

http://www.barclays.co.uk/premier-current-account

add HSBC Premier at £1,000 per card per day