HSBC Current Account claire***

Anyone had any issues opening a HSBC account recently? I did an online application 2 weeks ago. It said at the end that they would get back to me in 5 working todays. Heard nothing today so called them to be told that they couldnt find the application but they are behind and to wait another 2 weeks. Sounds crazy to me!

I applied for an account over three weeks ago, I've only received two letters. I've yet to receive a welcome pack, pin or card. Today they tell me the account hasn't yet been opened but should be by the end of the week they think.

I tried to open one online about 3 weeks ago; it said they needed more info and would be in touch. So far, not a peep either verbally or in writing. Not holding my breath....

I took advantage of their switching offer about 18 months ago.

From all the comments I read on the appropriate thread it was obvious that I had had a much quicker experience! because I went into the branch with all the ID paperwork for a one hour interview.

Follow up was another interview the following week- everything done and dusted- got the current a/c open, the switch started, CC, monthly saver + ISA opened.

Well pleased and that netted me something like £265.Worth it- but of course only if you are near a branch and have the time to spare!

I have now been waiting for three weeks, I had it all planned, let the two direct debits go out early February, just after payday and switch to HSBC, sort out savings account and carry on in March. Oh well.

HSBC handles all of HSBC, First Direct and M&S. All three are having fantastic (probably the best) switching deals out there, so they are getting hammered with applications.