What features are you speaking about?

Online banking platforms are similar within banking groups.

Lloyds/Halifax/BOS

Natwest/RBS

HSBC/FD

Clydesdale/Yorkshire Bank

Some are stand alone like Tesco or Barclays, some work with physical keys to access online banking, some are virtual, (HSBC/FD) some banks require just a username and password, (Lloyds/Halifax/Coop) others require this and then a text OTP code (Santander) to make transfers/transactions.

What are the features you mean and I can try and answer your question.

The three LBG mainstream brands will often test changes by going live in Bank of Scotland first. But not always.
Originally posted by PeacefulWaters

BOS definitely had the new style before Halifax & Lloyds.

I assume, much like the poll tax, it's better to test on a smaller user group!

TSB are still using the same system as the Lloyds group.

I suppose they will have to get their own stand alone system at some point.
Originally posted by Terry98

TSB are actually still using the old internet banking system and mobile app that Lloyds/Halifax used to use until Lloyds/Halifax updated it last year, or it could have been the year before, I can't remember exactly.

TSB have said they will be launching a new mobile app early this year, and a new internet banking site should follow when they migrate their systems from Lloyds to Sabadell's system at the end of this year.

TSB are still using the same system as the Lloyds group.

I suppose they will have to get their own stand alone system at some point.
Originally posted by Terry98

Not quite.

For example one difference is that the iPhone apps for Lloyds and Halifax were updated a while ago to include fingerprint login at more or less the same time (not sure if released at exactly the same time, but they both changed together when I updated my apps). The TSB one, which was otherwise almost identical until then, still needs entry of letters/numbers.

Thanks for the info.

I have only recently opened a TSB current account and also have a Halifax current account.

The online banking desktop versions of them both seem remarkably similar to me although I am not using either of their apps at the moment.

Banking apps are very different depending on which bank you use. My OH has an M&S current account but the app only lets her see the balance.Some banks let you do almost everything using their apps.