The short answer is you can't - you have to be a member of the system to set up direct debits on other accounts. The exception is if you have (or open) a Tesco Internet Saver account, and you can then set up a DD to transfer eg £5 from your bank account to the Tesco account by DD. The second possibility is manually each month requesting money to your Paypal account - this will be taken using DD. Finally there are various charities and also littledebits.org that will take small amounts (eg £1/month) using DD.

The short answer is you can't - you have to be a member of the system to set up direct debits on other accounts. The exception is if you have (or open) a Tesco Internet Saver account, and you can then set up a DD to transfer eg £5 from your bank account to the Tesco account by DD. The second possibility is manually each month requesting money to your Paypal account - this will be taken using DD. Finally there are various charities and also littledebits.org that will take small amounts (eg £1/month) using DD.
Originally posted by mt99

Tesco saver done!

For this month? They are currently setting them up for the 2nd March, but I've managed to amend one I set up last week to 28 February.
Originally posted by Kernel Sanders

Unfortunately not, they set it for 6/3/17. Will have to miss this month's interest. Did you amend it in your Tesco online banking?

Also made the mistake of not noting down my new sort code and account number, meaning I can't register for online banking. I asssumed that it would link to the current account I have, but clearly not.

Unfortunately not, they set it for 6/3/17. Will have to miss this month's interest. Did you amend it in your Tesco online banking?
Originally posted by adonis10

Hmm...it might have been 3rd March. Maybe I'm confusing this with the one I amended today (via Tesco, 'manage payments'), which was from 2nd March to 28 Feb.

Also made the mistake of not noting down my new sort code and account number, meaning I can't register for online banking. I asssumed that it would link to the current account I have, but clearly not.
Originally posted by adonis10

Maybe somebody could help you on this but you don't state the bank.

Hmm...it might have been 3rd March. Maybe I'm confusing this with the one I amended today (via Tesco, 'manage payments'), which was from 2nd March to 28 Feb.

Maybe somebody could help you on this but you don't state the bank.

Tesco bank

So how did you manage to arrange a DD without internet access, over the phone? If they trusted you to do that, why couldn't they tell you your

new sort code and account number?

During the online setup process. I didn't say I don't have internet access!