Got codes for myself and my husband. Downloaded the app, applied for an account each. We both got on screen messages saying we could not open an account. On ringing the company, I was told it may be that their software is having a problem communicating with some banks. They recommended I try again when the software is updated. Never had a problem opening a bank or savings account before. Hmmmmm

Anyone else had problems?

So what exactly does Atom do now that other Bank's don't do. I can't justify the cost of an apple phone, are Apple products moneysaving?

I have an Android Moto G 4G which I have had for just about 2 years. I can access HSBC, Halifax, Sainsburys, Tesco, Santander and TSB with this phone which does what I need it to do. I understood Atom Bank is exclusively for Mobile users. Seems to me that it's exclusive to Apple users and short of useful banking products. Seems to me that, like too much technology, its not ready for the real world and will use iOS users to irom out it's problems.

Good luck Apple customers, me I stick with the stuff I know works and does what I need and is there for me now, indeed has been there many years.

So what exactly does Atom do now that other Bank's don't do. I can't justify the cost of an apple phone, are Apple products moneysaving?
Originally posted by Malcnascar

The code I got today was to sign up with their new Android app.

I can't say I was overly impressed when they sent me an invitation code, shortly followed by an email saying:

"We made a little mistake

As you may know, we’re continuing to send out invitation codes and welcoming customers to Atom, daily. We’ve also let you know that we’re rolling codes out to iOS users first.

You may have seen an invitation email with an invite code hit your inbox recently. Unfortunately, this has been sent prematurely, as it is a code for an iOS device.

It wasn’t a mean joke, we promise. It was a genuine mistake on our part, sorry."
Originally posted by Stompa

Not impressed. Just had my invitation code but the app (iOS and android) will not accept. Won't bother with them

Also got a code today (ios).

I've tapped the 'Create MyID' option in the app and then the 'I've got a code' option... but I just get sent to a screen saying 'That shouldn't have happened, we'll look into it'. I then have to return to the homepage.

Am I missing something? Not a great start...

Edit: Answering my own question: I needed to set a pin for my ipod in order for the App to work. Seems to be working fine now.

So, there's an android app as well, a move in the right direction. However, some are reporting the codes dont work.

I repeat, what exactly does this bank do that other bank's dont do. Has anyone managed to open an account, does the app actually work flawlessly or are they just using customers to test their systems.

I think i'll pass on this bank, cant see them repaying their depositors without having to rely on depositor protection schemes and all the hassle that would involve.

KISS

So, there's an android app as well, a move in the right direction. However, some are reporting the codes dont work.

I repeat, what exactly does this bank do that other bank's dont do.
Originally posted by Malcnascar

Offer 2.2% on £100,000?

If you have a few 123's, it's a decent alternative.

My wife and I have successfully opened accounts using the Apple and Android apps respectively. (Needed a new home for our cash because Santander is cutting its 1-2-3 rate)