Clydesdale Bank switching incentive PrettyFlower90

Got the best mail this morning in the post- I'm getting a £161 switching incentive that I was rejected for last year!

So I switched my bank account to Clydesdale last year when they had their £150 switching bonus on. It was like the other banks in that you needed 2 DD etc. I had all the requirements and I had my 2 DDs (1 was newly set up, hadn't taken a payment yet but was listed on the switching letter from Clydesdale). However I never received my bonus, and when I contacted them they said I was ineligible as I didn't have the correct number of DDs. The one that hadn't had a payment taken out yet they didn't class as an active DD even though it was set up and registered on my online banking etc. After complaining, they refused to give me it, instead gave me a £50 goodwill gesture. I took it and promptly switched to another bank at the time who was offering a switching incentive.

Fast forward nearly a year, and Clydesdale have sent me a letter stating that they wrongly said I was ineligible to receive the incentive as my DD was registered at the time, and it just didn't show on their systems very well, but I probably would have met their requirements otherwise. So they are now paying me the £150 plus interest (£13). Happy days! Never would I thought I would have seen the day where a company contacts me after such a long time has passed to give me free money lol Doesn't look to be a follow up from a complaint either as it was all dealt with just before I left them.

So just to let others know, incase you too were told you didn't qualify for the incentive, you could always contact them and see! They sent a letter, and if you have moved house, since switching to them they'll not have the most up to date address!

Fast forward nearly a year, and Clydesdale have sent me a letter stating that they wrongly said I was ineligible to receive the incentive as my DD was registered at the time, and it just didn't show on their systems very well, but I probably would have met their requirements otherwise. So they are now paying me the £150 plus interest (£13). Happy days! Never would I thought I would have seen the day where a company contacts me after such a long time has passed to give me free money lol Doesn't look to be a follow up from a complaint either as it was all dealt with just before I left them.
Originally posted by PrettyFlower90

Lovely jubbly